Iver last (and first) tried rollerskates as an almost-four-year-old, when we took him to the rink in Blue Lake (I wish we'd brought a helmet).
On one of our neighborhood walks lately, we came across a "free" pile with some random roller skates, which happened to be close in size to my kids' actual foot sizes. While using random roadside athletic equipment involving other kids' feet may weird or gross some parents out, this used-things lover and salvaging mom is not ashamed to benefit from recycling and reusing!
Rollerskating (or rollerblading) is pretty tricky. I did quite a lot of it as a kid and can stay on my feet fairly decently, but we don't see it much any more. We do live in a neighborhood with quite a lot of driveway/pavement/sidewalk space and I can see the kids getting some good practice at skating...
... that is, until their feet grow and outgrow these roadside trash-treasures. We'll have to look for a new free pile, or, if they really like it, get the next size(s) up!


No comments:
Post a Comment