Kelvin's great childhood friend Danny (a groomsman in our wedding and of course vaccinated and tested) came up to visit us this Labor Day weekend. He was last here exactly four years ago with another friend, Tina (who just had her twins!) and likes the cooler weather we have, compared to Orange County.
It was great to have him here for many reasons! The kids (who are quite starved for new people in our lives since we're so socially COVID-cautious) were so excited to have a new adult to which they could show off their tricks, costumes, and with whom they could play games. Danny is used to small children as he has a young niece and nephew and was a great sport as he got schooled with the card game "13" (Iver's favorite) and outside playing "soccer" in the yard. I was also on a brutal 96-hour OB call weekend during which I got about twelve total hours of sleep and spent close to sixty at the hospital with various labor and ER patients so I was so glad the kids had some extra adult attention/distractions.
They played dress-up
Farmers' Market & Park time
Beach time (Pepper had another recent seizure so was taken along to her happy place, the beach, even though Kelvin was a bit short-handed with the kids because I couldn't go anywhere with them.)
The Dunes
I got to see Danny a little bit during some meals and other short amounts of time at home ("Do you have to go back in AGAIN?!" he asked. “How many hours is that of work?! Do you ever want a different job?!"). Kelvin and he watched the movies/shows I'd never watch in a million years after the kids were in bed and had some male old-friend bonding time which was good especially as I was so physically absent and too exhausted to really be much fun! Nevertheless I hope that, the next time he visits, I can be more socially present.








No comments:
Post a Comment