Wednesday, September 5, 2007

What color are you?

So I'd be surprised if these types of quizzes haven't shown up yet on Wendi's or some other blog-savvy person's blog, but with all the free time that graces the life of an intern on a medicine service, what do you think I have been doing? I've been taking color quizzes online!! :)

The color-quiz activity was something that the OB residents did during orientation and which I missed b/c I was at some other activity. However, I periodically do get asked by the attendings and other residents (as we're trying to get to know one another and our "styles"), "What color are you?" So I decided to do some research... at the most reputable of research sites, otherwise known as google.com. I'm not sure which one of these quizzes actually correlates best with the OB activity (I think those color categories were red/green/yellow/blue)--but here are a few I tried. I am almost universally a BLUE!! What color are you??!!!

From The Color Code, whose description I feel is, eerily and honestly, right-on:

BLUES are motivated by INTIMACY. They seek to genuinely connect with others, and need to be understood and appreciated. Everything they do is quality-based. They are loyal friends, employers, and employees. Whatever or whomever they commit to is their sole (and soul) focus. They love to serve and give themselves freely in order to nurture others' lives. BLUES have distinct preferences and have the most controlling personality (yikes!!!). Their personal code of ethics is remarkably strong and they expect others to live honest, committed lives as well. They enjoy meaningful moments in conversation as well as paying close attention to special life events (e.g. birthdays and anniversaries).

BLUES are dependable, thoughtful, and analytical; but can also be self-righteous, worry-prone (who, me?!), and moody (what?! I don't wildly vacillate between joy and sadness!). They are "sainted pit-bulls" (I don't even LIKE pit bulls) who never let go of something or someone, once they are committed (what?! who honestly thinks I have a hard time letting go?! ;)). When you deal with a BLUE, be sincere and make a genuine effort to understand and appreciate them.

Another:
"The Color Personality" quiz on gURL.com
My personality is... blue You're a cool and collected blue... According to color psychology, you're the very picture of serenity. You're probably great at keeping calm and clear-headed when others are freaking out... (umm... not so sure about this-- I'm anything BUT calm at work these days and freak out quite often, actually).

Spacefem
you are paleturquoise
Your dominant hues are green and blue. You're smart and you know it (hah! Residency makes anyone feel like a complete idiot most of the time), and want to use your power to help people and relate to others. Even though you tend to battle with yourself, you solve other people's conflicts well. Your saturation level is low - You stay out of stressful situations and advise others to do the same (I really don't do well with stress). You may not be the go-to person when something really needs done, but you know never to blow things out of proportion (oh yeah, I never exaggerate). Your outlook on life is bright (I wish. I've become really cynical and pessimistic). You see good things in situations where others may not be able to, and it frustrates you to see them get down on everything.

Quizfarm
You scored as Blue, Sharing its hue with the endless skies above and the mysterious depths of the ocean, it s no wonder why the color blue has been used to represent wisdom. Knowledge is important to those with the blue personality. They enjoy pursuing an understand of all that is around them. But with understanding comes sadness, which may hover around the blue personality (uh oh).


I guess I'm a Smurf from now on!!
WHAT COLOR ARE YOU??

9 comments:

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Red!!! Very fun. I'll post my results on my blog. :)

Rachel and Hans said...

I'm blue, too, Tara! :-)

Anonymous said...

ROCK ON BLUES! I took a few minutes before bed to decompress, and guess what... I'm BLUE, too! suprise, surprise!

Anonymous said...

Right now I am green...I have a cold.

TAV said...

interesting, mis amigas!

Anonymous said...

I'm blue too! We have this other test at work called Personalysis, and I'm mainly blue/green. =)

-Eva

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Tara, I miss you. Please post! What are you busy or something?

Unknown said...

oh no if your a smurf...I'm a white on the color code thingy which means I'm Casper the friendly ghost, the abominable snomwman or Iceman....hmmm, I'll be Iceman. No other whites around?

The Ray Family said...

I am a yellow.

RR