Monday, September 24, 2007

More photos! (I LOVE COLORADO, part 2)

Wanted to share some more photos of this awesome state-- hiking ones courtesy of Mindy.

Love this pic of the four of us, about a mile in :) Fall foliage was GORGEOUS!
Boys (Jeremy, Zach) being goofy
Girls being normal (although, in general, I am a fan of creative poses)Dusk at our campsite. I am pointing out Missouri peak (which only Zach did) with the hiking stick :)
Tent at night where we braved the wind (a hiker we met on our way warned us that we might be blown away! Luckily, we weren't!)
Mindy got this great shot of the moon
"Look pensive," said Mindy the photographer as we took a breather while climbing Mt. Belford
At the summit of Mt. Belford, 14,197 ft!
It was so windy up there!!!
Here's Mindy with Columbia, Harvard, and Yale peaks in the background ("collegiates" that she'd previously hiked)

Snow! The last time I saw this, I was in Minnesota (in May :) . j/k).
Mindy is awesome at taking photos at arm's length! Here is us with Mt. Oxford behind us
This is at the END of our trip-- doesn't Mindy look so refreshed, as though she's just starting out?! It's incredible! She's in awesome shape!
Meanwhile, this is how Zach and I reacted to our trip's completion, waiting for the restaurant to open in the gateway town of Buena Vista

Yesterday, I made the trip up from "the Springs" (Colorado Springs) to Boulder to meet up with Kelsey!!!!! What a blast! I got to see her townhouse, where she rents a basement room from a couple, Matt and Libby, that she met through church. We drove around some, window-shopped, got much-needed pedicures, hung out around Pearl Street, and then went to mass together. Afterwards, we hung out with a bunch of her friends at Conor O'Neils, an Irish pub downtown that has live Irish music on Sunday nights. It was so fun! Her friends here are hilarious!

Here is Kelsey with Sean and Steph (i kid you not)
Anand and Fathers Peter and Kevin-- the coolest priests I have ever met. This photo cracks me up. As does the one thumbs up, as opposed to Kels' trademark "two" I liked playing "tall girl" and sitting up on this high bar chair :)
Today, it is a rainy day in Boulder (I haven't seen rain in MONTHS!), so Kelsey and I are just chilling out inside in sweats. It has been such fun to catch up with her-- the last time we were together was when we disbanded after our Africa trip. It has been a joy to relive those memories-- quotes, pictures, and all. She made this unbelievable slide show of some trip pictures set to "All creatures of our God and King," which gave me goosebumps and which I will have to obtain. She is doing really well here in Boulder, working at the Catholic student center, as well as with the priests, waitressing, and taking graduate theology classes in Denver, where she will head this afternoon. I will then head back to Greeley to hang out with Cathleen for a couple of her waking hours that remain in the day :).

Yay again for Colorado!!!!!

6 comments:

Mindy said...

You are so sweet : ) That pic of the four of us is one of my favorites too!

Sofi said...

I have to visit Colorado someday. The scenery is beautiful. I'm glad you're enjoying your well-deserved vacation. Can't wait for mine (beginning of November).
Best wishes,

Sofi

Anonymous said...

Colorado loves you too :) I miss you already! I hope when I come out to Sacramento some time, I have as cool pics from my vacation as yours! I think you do more in CO in a week than I have in 4 years :) Hope the last day is swell! -Cathleen

Anonymous said...

At first I thought that your friend Mindy was Kelsey. I was confused at first...then being the smart person that I am I started reading the headings and continued to scroll down and saw pictures of Kelsey towards the bottom.

Wow do they look alike in pictures.

TAV said...

Back in Sac, I already miss CO! Thanks, girls, for an awesome time (Sofi, you have to go sometime). Ebby, you are too funny :) Do you think Tia and I are the same person? :)

Anonymous said...

For the first year I didn't know there were actually two people. Then I got to know you both better and realized that you don't look anything alike. The only likenesses are your dark hair and the T and A in your names.