Monday, June 4, 2007

Lazy or laboring...

I've been pretty lazy since being home. Last night, I was so exhausted that I was in bed by 8:30 (eastern time!!!-- this was 5:30 p.m. Pacific), having to excuse myself from a dinner with my sister and godparents. I then slept until 9:45 this morning, which is basically unheard of for me. Although I thought I slept okay on the red-eye the previous night, all that unpacking and shopping (and maybe unconscious lack of sleeping) apparently wore me out!

After all that moving and stuff, it's so nice to be entirely on vacation (my friends with whom I'm trying to meet up say, "so what are you doing during the day?" to which I reply, "Nothing. Just working on meeting up with people. I'm totally free and flexible." :)). I am working hard, though, on a scrapbook album for our Africa trip. While I really enjoy putting these together and reliving all the memories, they certainly are labor-intensive. I stocked up on supplies before I left MN and thus have all the fun stuff to do it, but it has been a challenge so far to just get the pictures on, not even adding too much in the way of decorative additions. We'll see if I can get it finished before residency starts!

My good friend Laura recently sent me the link to the MS (Multiple Sclerosis Society) Homepage, as she (certainly NOT lazy), along with her husband, Tony, and mom will each be riding 150 miles over two days in September in/around New Bern, NC, as part of the MS 150 Bike Ride. This is an awesome cause that would be well worth it to support-- she has her own fundraising page and would LOVE to get more sponsors (hint, hint...)!


As far as my own laziness... I think I will head back and do some reading, perhaps in bed... Currently reading: The Double Bind, by Chris Bohjalian. My Mom says I have a deadline (can't take it out of town this weekend) since it's on 14-day loan (no renewal; already been out for a week or so-- she read it first) from the public library. I love this author and it's great so far!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the sponsorship AND the advertisement!! I really really appreciate it!! Can't wait to see you in a few days!