Within the FP department, lots of bonding has been going on in the past couple of days. I thought it was about time I posted some pictures so you can get to know some of who I talk about from now on (I informed my classmates that they will, for the next several years, have to put up with my constant photo taking). I do have a blog to keep up, after all! :)
Friday afternoon, we FP interns (and the chiefs, Bob and Meredith) went to a Ropes Course
at Sac State and did some problem-solving/team activities, which were fun indeed. We then spent a bit of time together at a pub (called the "Londoner" or something) and also tried out the famous Big Spoon Yogurt, a pay-by-the-ounce place where you can mix and add up to 75 different toppings to your frozen yogurt. It was amazing. But there are a gazillion other ice cream/yogurt places within Sacramento that I will have to try at later dates. I think I definitely moved to the right city given my ice cream addiction! :)From left: Phi, Anika, Brenden, Jeremy

Brenden, Jeremy, me, Meredith, Bob, Phi

This afternoon, we had a pool party at Dr. Balsbaugh (program director)'s house in Carmichael. Lots of current faculty, as well as some other year residents, attended.
Rocky, Huey (faculty) with daughter Allison, and Phuc

Adeel (FP/Psych), Jeremy, and his new wife Noelle (I was in this picture but looked bad so I cropped myself out-- Thanks, Laura, for showing me how to do this in Picasa! Now I can forever censor the blog... he he...:))

With Adeel and Jeremy (this one was acceptable enough to post :)). Please do note the sunglasses.... AND SWIMSUIT :) Yay, California.

Kenia (Aline's daughter) who was adorable in the play house. I finally "caught" her on camera after she kept opening and quickly shutting the doors.

We are trying to get all of our socializing in as, come Monday, we are all going to be sleep-deprived residents who have very little time for hanging out! I still can't believe it. Tomorrow is the last full day of freedom! Oh... I think this was the first time I've ever posted two posts in one day! I think that there's a good chance that they will become fewer and farther in between as this year goes on, so I thought I'd try to do this while I could! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment