Yesterday, we had a Bridal Shower/Bachelorette party at Whistle Binkie's for three amazing girls in my class, Katie, Tia, and Erin. Summer organized most of it, particularly the decorations and food, and it was a fantastic success! I think the girls had a great time, catching up with our classmates and other friends made through our years here. We had a fun time hearing stories and input that their fiancees, Ryan, Rob, and TJ, had e-mailed me and celebrating (in advance) their upcoming weddings (Katie starts it off on April 20, followed by Tia on April 21 and Erin on May 26). We had cake, they opened some gifts, and then we went onto some late-night bar craziness (see below). Here are some photos from the night!

The lovely brides-to-be (from left: Katie, Tia, and Erin [please tell Erin she looks hot. She'll appreciate it.])
Ellie blowing up a "pecker whacker" balloon. This was really difficult. I blacked out trying to do it when we were setting up!
Posters that Amanda put together for each of the girls. Erin was mad that she didn't win with the most number of photos:) 

Sexy girls in black: Ellie, Natasha, and Molly
Does EVB look flushed to anyone else? I think it was a combination of a little sunburn from an afternoon of cross-country skiing, a couple of her 'chocolatey' drinks, and lots of excitement!
Opening gifts. Erin says "I can barely read this I'm so drunk." Katie: "Wow! A salad spinner!" (the gifts were off their registries). Tia: "You guys have to feel these towels!!"
Tia, me, Nicole (why am I the only one still wearing a nametag?)
The "Dare" Game. Summer brought this deck of cards with bachelorette dares, which was extremely entertaining. Here are Katie and Tia getting piggyback rides from random guys in the bar.
Erin had to get a blonde guy to buy her a shot. This is her talking to "Greg."
This is Katie going in for a smooch. Erin was just jealous she didn't pull this card.
We met a big group of IBMers. Tia asked this guy if she could write her name in lipstick on him. "My name is short," she said with a smile. It didn't take too much for him to consent:)
And here was perhaps the most amusing part of all. Erin was instructed to "swap an item of clothing" with someone. So here is her (and her maid-of-honor, Liz, looking incredulous that Erin was, in fact, going to do this) holding the shirt of Jeff (who, she kept remarking for the rest of the night, was "HOT"!!!)
The swap in the works... If you're worried that Erin would not want this picture on the internet, think again. She loves this stuff. She'd want you to say her stomach looked hot. Jeff was looking the other way, to be polite:)
Helping to dress him because, obviously, he couldn't put her Victoria's Secret top on by himself.
More...

Ellie blowing up a "pecker whacker" balloon. This was really difficult. I blacked out trying to do it when we were setting up!
Posters that Amanda put together for each of the girls. Erin was mad that she didn't win with the most number of photos:) 

Sexy girls in black: Ellie, Natasha, and Molly
Does EVB look flushed to anyone else? I think it was a combination of a little sunburn from an afternoon of cross-country skiing, a couple of her 'chocolatey' drinks, and lots of excitement!
Opening gifts. Erin says "I can barely read this I'm so drunk." Katie: "Wow! A salad spinner!" (the gifts were off their registries). Tia: "You guys have to feel these towels!!"
Tia, me, Nicole (why am I the only one still wearing a nametag?)
The "Dare" Game. Summer brought this deck of cards with bachelorette dares, which was extremely entertaining. Here are Katie and Tia getting piggyback rides from random guys in the bar.
Erin had to get a blonde guy to buy her a shot. This is her talking to "Greg."
This is Katie going in for a smooch. Erin was just jealous she didn't pull this card.
We met a big group of IBMers. Tia asked this guy if she could write her name in lipstick on him. "My name is short," she said with a smile. It didn't take too much for him to consent:)
And here was perhaps the most amusing part of all. Erin was instructed to "swap an item of clothing" with someone. So here is her (and her maid-of-honor, Liz, looking incredulous that Erin was, in fact, going to do this) holding the shirt of Jeff (who, she kept remarking for the rest of the night, was "HOT"!!!)
The swap in the works... If you're worried that Erin would not want this picture on the internet, think again. She loves this stuff. She'd want you to say her stomach looked hot. Jeff was looking the other way, to be polite:)
Helping to dress him because, obviously, he couldn't put her Victoria's Secret top on by himself.
More...
And the night ended with a few of us left, sitting around the fire and just chatting. I have not had this much fun in a loooooooooooong time. I wish someone else was getting married soon so we'd have an excuse for another party! Oh, and Erin does have Jeff's e-mail address in case any single ladies want it...
2 comments:
Why did I leave so early?
Ebby-- I'm so glad you got to come, even for a bit (that place WAS really hard to find!). The girls loved your gifts and your presence!
Post a Comment