It was a beautiful sunny day yesterday and, blessed (!) with having gotten over two feet of snow in the preceeding week, it was perfect for a group of us to go snowshoeing/cross-country skiing. I'd been cross-country skiing one time before, a couple of years ago when I went up to the shores of Lake Superior. However, this was my first time going to Quarry Hill Nature Park here in Rochester. Enjoy the photos of a fun-filled afternoon (some I stole from Wendi and Lesley's blogs)!
Les, Nicole, and me preparing to go out into the cold (courtesy of Wendi)

Wendi and JB- newbies but goodies

The Joneses-- all stars!

Action photo of Lesley and me (thanks, David!)

There was a lot of falling going on. Here is Nicole trying to jump off a ledge in snowshoes :)

John, who claims he would fall when he'd start "looking at stuff" (i.e. nice scenery and birds, etc.), down.

Ajit wins for most falls (photo courtesy of David and Lesley).

But before you start thinking I'm exempt from falling... (this was a steep hill!). David had fun while he stayed up and took pics of us falling.

Nope. Not a fall. Annaka (Martin and Dorothy's daughter) is on the ground intentionally, making a snow-angel.

Al fin. Anni wanted to surprise the photo-taker!
This was definitely some good exercise! I'm a bit sore today. Not sure if it's from the skiing or the falling...
No comments:
Post a Comment