Sunday, March 18, 2007

Weekend update

This has been a fun weekend! Since many of our classmates had family in town, we were successful in lobbying for Friday off from "classes." I started the day off with running with Lisa for 11 miles-- again, another record for me. It was really windy and quite cold when we ran, but I thawed out when we were done. Her half-marathon is next weekend, so this was her last long run before the big day.

I then went to the dentist (I was nervous, but it fortunately gave me only good news!) and then filled the rest of my day with lots of sleeping-- I currently am battling my first cold in about 2 years! I really was a zombie on Friday. I slept for about 2 hours on Nicole's couch, then came home and slept, and then ended up falling asleep on the Kits' couch as they, Nicole, and Ajit engaged in some interesting conversation Friday night. No one woke me up and I ended up spending the entire night on their couch! :) Here are some photos from the evening before I conked out. David's sister Lori, her husband Victor, and new baby were visiting the Joneses on their way to Montana and they brought her down for a bit. Here's Nicole holding adorable baby Victoria (who likes to be held on her stomach!).The Philips were also over at Lesley and David's for dinner and they brought down Luke and Karuna. Here's Les with "Lukie" :)Nicole took this picture of Karuna, who apparently got hot and so was stripped. She is tiny and her diaper had this little pooched-out part at the bottom which Nicole tried to capture :)Saturday was a nice day. Wendi and I worked out and then I got some trip organizing done around the house. We then went and got pedicures at City Looks at the mall, figuring that we would be showing off our feet in the warm weather of Africa! This was my second one ever, but I can definitely see the appeal. The foot massage feels fantastic. I was bold and tried out some gold polish. Unfortunately, I am not quite "with it" with the whole post-pedicure care, so I ended up having to leave the place in bare feet (didn't bring flip flops), although Wendi picked me up at the door, and smudging the work a bit because I wore boots later. I still think it looks okay, though.

Last night was "Mixed Bag," a variety show that the medical school puts on every year. I always enjoy going! There were some musical acts, a second year who did an awesome juggling and comedy routine, a couple of videos (including one that Jeff made a couple of years ago that was replayed because half the school wasn't around yet!), some funny "awards," and more. I had a great time. As it was Tia's 26th birthday, a few of us went back and hung out at her place. We didn't do anything crazy for St. Patrick's Day, but just enjoyed eachother's company. I'm just glad I remembered to wear my Shamrock socks (sometimes I miss it and then have to wait another year...).

So sad that we have to go back to "class" tomorrow. At least it's only for one more week.

No comments: