Sunday, January 21, 2007

S'more from the weekend and a snowy Sunday

I have some pictures from last night at Molly's. Felix was in town and cooked an awesome Taiwanese feast for us. I'm not sure what everything was, but there was rice, some sort of stir fry dish with tofu and Japanese eggplant, fried tofu thingies, rice-stuffed bean curd paper, and a couple of vegetables I'd never had. Apparently he got it all from the Asian grocery store in Roch, which is quite impressive! It was all extremely tasty.

Here are Lisa (Molly's neighbor) and Felix smiling for me

EVB poking (truly) fun at my "drinking problem"-- somehow I managed to spill wine on my shirt. This bottle was almost done anyway. Seriously.

Natasha and her super hubby, Nikola. She had just gotten back into town from Boston and is exhausted from Derm interviews (might win the award for most miles traveled!). But she took the time to come hang out with us, which was entertaining as always. Wish her luck as she goes back on the road and pushes through the last couple of interviews.

Britt and Natasha making s'mores by Molly's fire. Did I mention I love fireplaces??! It was so cozy.


Today, EVB and I were over at the Kits' for like 7 hours watching the NFL playoff games (and playing Mexican Trains, of course!). What awesome games (the football in particular)! Erin was very into cheering for the Bears, who crushed the Saints without much of a problem. We weren't paying too much attention to the second Colts-Patriots game until it started getting exciting with the Colts coming back from being down 3-21 to tie the score. But what an exciting finish to that one as well, with a Colts TD with 1 minute remaining and an interception to end it. I was just saying that I wanted a Superbowl filled with animals playing eachother, so I'm happy (although EVB might kill me if I root for the Colts). Not so happy about the Mexican Trains, though. Erin, a competitor as always, easily won. And JB set some sort of record by having over 400 "points" at the game's conclusion. So I didn't lose, but was far from first. One bad round can really do it for you (ask him for details).

As far as weather-- we got more snow today. I woke up to go to church at 9 and realized I would not be able to get out of my unplowed parking lot without a lot of trouble. I didn't want to risk it. I ended up catching a ride with John and Wendi to the second service, but the roads were not good. I think we got about 4 inches, which is not a ton, but the boots were definitely out. It's so nice to not have to really need a car for that much of anything here-- i.e. I can walk over to their place just fine and also to both the downtown Clinic as well as Saint Mary's Hospital. Snow doesn't stop anything here! :)

No comments: