Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Gem of a Gem Show



After a busy 10 days straight of call and a million meetings, I was thankful to have a day off on a lovely fall Saturday. Kelvin and I checked out the annual Gem and Mineral Show at the Eureka Fairgrounds.  I definitely was a rock nerd in my younger years. I remember that I loved collecting fools' gold and rose quartz nuggets from national parks (not sure where those are now), and one year I even got my own "rock tumbler" as a Christmas gift.

The fair was great! The (Christmas) shopping opportunities abounded.
  


Agate wind chimes... 


There were a number of displays- including petrified wood, dinosaur eggs, and an amazing "Dinner of Rocks."

 

 Check out this "dinner table"


Wish you could see all the plates close up!

Yay for gems, rocks, and other minerals :) Check it out if you live locally (or come visit us next year-- I'd love to go back!)!

No comments: