Trusting even when it appears you have been forsaken;
Praying when it seems your words are simply entering a vast expanse where no one hears and no voice answers;
Believing that God's love is complete and that He is aware of your circumstances, even when your world seems to grind on as if setting its own direction and not caring for life or moving one inch in response to your petitions;
Desiring only what God's hands have planned for you;
Waiting patiently while seemingly starving to death, with the only fear being that your faith might fail--
"This is the victory that has overcome the world."
This is genuine faith indeed.
-George MacDonald
All human wisdom is summed up in two words: wait and hope. - A. Dumas
Today is "Rank Day," the last day (deadline is 9 p.m. EST) to make changes to our personal rank order list (ROL) of residency programs. Most of you know that I have struggled immensely with the decisions that are "due" today. I feel that it has been the weightiest choice I have made so far in my lifetime-- I hope that it's the most difficult one I'll ever have to make although I'm not sure how likely that is. I certified my list for the last time last night and decided that I would not let myself go back to make any changes today (and Molly is coming over later to keep me occupied :)). Having some paranoia, I did enter the site today to make sure everything was still just as I intended it to be and to print the list, as proof I did put things in a certain order should something get messed up with the server. However, it is now out of my hands until we hear on March 15th where we've matched. Although the thought of finding out (in several weeks) which random place I will be moving to come June is pretty scary to me, I do feel relieved in that the decision is no longer up to me and the ball is out of my court. Phew. I'm hoping I chose correctly and trying to have faith that I will end up where I will best serve and be served.
Faith (Patrick Overter)
When you have come to the edge of all the light you know
and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown,
Faith is knowing that one of two things will happen:
There will be something solid to stand on
or you will be taught how to fly.
It is also Ash Wednesday today, which commences the spiritual reflection and repentance that characterizes the period of Lent. Let the spiritual reflection continue.
4 comments:
Good luck Tarita! I just found out Monday that I got into LSE, will be leaving Aceh in July and moving to London!!! Yay!
London! Wow. Congrats, Sharon!
Best of luck with the match!
Sorry, clicked too soon on the other comment.
I'm looking forward to reading about your match day. By the way, you are a good role model, staying so positive and being inspirational =)
Post a Comment