Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Fun Photos and Phenomenal weather!

Who would have thought that, less than one week after I, very depressed, wrote a whole post entitled "When it's too cold to do much of anything," I would be writing about phenomenal weather in February in MN?!! More on that in a sec. Let's move onto equally fun stuff.

My friend Jesse recently told me about a couple of really cool websites. The first, pandora, is a music geneaology site where you can enter one artist or group and then the site recommends similar music that you can continue to rate to tailor your own listening pleasures. I can see this being a huge time sink, so I haven't delved into it too much yet, but if you like music, check it out!

The second is a site called flickr where people can upload and share photographs. You can tag them and search under various subheadings as well as send yours to friends and family. I got hooked on browsing these the other day, especially the "favorites of the day" part. Some of these are truly unbelievable-- I'll entice you below.


Don't Go. Avani B. Patel
End of the Day. Creative Sam.

Hiding in Color. WMWRose.

And then, two days before rank day, Katrina sends me beautiful, flickr-quality photos from Oregon. Hmm. Wondering if this is a sign to figure in. Or not. Aren't these cool?! She and Rob are great photographers.

Winter Gorge- Crown Pointe

Snowdrops

Sunrise from the VA

Mt. Jefferson

Katrina and Rob at Timberline Lodge

Okay, back to weather. While you'll notice that it was snowy in Oregon, it was beautiful snow. Our snow here, however, is not so beautiful because it's all gray and dirty from MELTING!!! You heard me right-- we finally got above freezing (I really was jumping up and down when I saw that on the weather report). It got up to 37 yesterday and may hit 40 tomorrow. It really is unbelievable. Twenties and thirties feels WARM, I kid you not! Lisa and I were able to go running this morning, which was great. Although there were some ice patches we had to dodge and ended up running for most of it in the street, it was totally worth it. She and I both love working out in the morning, and with the weather like this, we plan to go at least 2 more times this week! It's so warm that I actually wore a skirt to clinic today (no long johns required or allowed with that outfit). Wow. I really hope spring is around the corner :)

No comments: