Saturday, February 3, 2007

Global warming does not affect Minnesota

"I am not a supporter of global warming. But neither am I so crazy about the recent local colding." - Patricia Marx

I'm with her on this. In the news recently, scientists are confirming that global warming really is an actual phenomenon, caused by mankind's impact on the environment. I haven't yet read Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth or seen the movie, but I'm not sure I buy this.

Take a look at the weather in Minnesota, for one. Do it. Go to www.weather.com and type in my zip code-- 55902. Those of you who have read Wendi's (and Kristen's) blog already know that I stole this picture from Wendi and she has eloquently described how cold it actually is here right now ("The weather [and a bit of other stuff too]"). It is hard to put into words. This is why my Dad left MN early in life. And part of the reason why, come May (not even close to being "summer" here), I will be out of here. The prospect of moving to California is looking better and better every day.
I ventured outside this morning to go to the Civic Center box office and to hit the gym. You better believe that every time my face hit the cold, I was sprinting to the next doorway. No dawdling around when it feels like -36 or whatever, because this wind is horrendous. Currently, as I write this, it is -8 (without windchill). I think the next time the day's HIGH is supposed to get above 0 degrees farenheit is Tuesday (a generous 6 degrees above zero). Wow. Break out the shorts.

Okay, enough complaining. I am going to enjoy my time indoors today before I have to head out to dinner at the Yuans'.

1 comment:

Sofi said...

You would LOVE California. Today it's in the 50s and we're all complaining about how cold it's been lately.