Wednesday, October 31, 2018

A Wicked Halloween


I could do without the "holiday" of Halloween, as I've mentioned before.  Iver, however, is in love with dressing up and all things spooky.

This past weekend, we went to a parking lot Haunted House at ACE Hardware, and busted out Iver's old lobster costume, which fit Niall. Iver didn't want to ruin his costume (wait for the reveal...) so went in a beloved tank top and shorts.






Still obsessed with the Wizard of Oz, Iver wanted to be Dorothy for Halloween. We were fine with it and he was so excited.  We were, as a result, required to dress to match him. 


Who wore it best? 
Left: Vanessa, with Toccata, circa 1990. 
Right: Iver with Pepper, 2018.
 

Scarecrow #1 (Kelvin had two different people actually make him a costume!) and Cowardly Lion





Iver wanted me to be the Wicked Witch of the West. 

Here he is sporting my hat and skirt (as a cloak).
Cutest witch ever?

More pictures and posing, Halloween Morning. The "ruby slippers" are actually pink (mom online shopping fail!), but he still loves them.



With our camera's timer



Silly one
 
Kelvin and I both had long clinic work days, but Nina sent us some photos from the preschool's Halloween parade, which neither of us could make this year.

In the evening, I donned some green (but it's pretty subtle in photos!) face paint, and we went trick-or-treating in our neighborhood.



At our neighbors'


Niall playing with Iver's bounty (minus the peanut treats)

Phew. At least I have another year before doing that again!

1 comment:

Laura D said...

Love it! You guys look amazing, and Iver was clearly feeling the part as Dorothy.