If you recall a post I wrote back in May, it is true that I have had some trouble with maintenance insomnia in this past year. I couldn't really figure out what it was -- sharing a bed? Having too small a bed? Being stressed about being on call a lot? Excessive liquids? In any case, I have to say that it has gotten about 50% better-- partly due (in my opinion) to a bigger bed (we upgraded to a queen about a month ago!) and occasional benadryl.
We now have a slightly different problem, however. Despite having a husband who formerly stated that the dog would "NEVER" be sleeping on our bed, I now have: a) a tiny but wily pooch who usually goes to sleep nicely and quietly in her doggie bed, but somehow jumps onto our bed in the middle of the night so that we wake up with her in the middle of us, and b) a husband who does not protest. I'm not a fan of parents "co-sleeping" with infants, and I have to say that I'm not sure I'm that happy about Pepper reducing the extra space that the larger mattress allowed, but I'm not sure what the solution is to this problem if we're not waking up to force her back down to the ground.
I thought this picture, stolen from facebook, was hilarious. While it depicts a baby sharing the bed, this is how I feel with Pepper sometimes:
Thoughts?
We now have a slightly different problem, however. Despite having a husband who formerly stated that the dog would "NEVER" be sleeping on our bed, I now have: a) a tiny but wily pooch who usually goes to sleep nicely and quietly in her doggie bed, but somehow jumps onto our bed in the middle of the night so that we wake up with her in the middle of us, and b) a husband who does not protest. I'm not a fan of parents "co-sleeping" with infants, and I have to say that I'm not sure I'm that happy about Pepper reducing the extra space that the larger mattress allowed, but I'm not sure what the solution is to this problem if we're not waking up to force her back down to the ground.
I thought this picture, stolen from facebook, was hilarious. While it depicts a baby sharing the bed, this is how I feel with Pepper sometimes:
Thoughts?

1 comment:
That baby sleep positions cartoon is hilarious! Jazz hands! I love it!
Post a Comment