On Sunday night, we hosted an Oscars party. Until about 2 years ago, I had never watched the Oscars presentation and, thanks to Wai Kiu, who hosted our get-togethers in Sacramento, it has become something of a tradition. Since being with Kelvin, I have become much more up-to-date on recent movies as he is a big fan of films and going to the cinema. While we didn't catch them all, we did see quite a few of the Oscar-nominated films from 2011.
We encouraged guests to dress up as characters from 2011 (or other) films.
Here is me (dressed as a maid costume from The Help, and K as George Clooney's character from The Descendants [one flick we missed]).
The group (Josh- Billy Beane from Moneyball, Sean from Bad Teacher, Jenna as Hannah, Rob (?) and Alyssa, a belle from The Help.
Rob, Alyssa, and Pepper (who we did not dress up!)

Elise, a girl from Bridesmaids

Josh + Sean
We had an Oscars pool going for the person who got the most Oscar winners correct on their ballot (congrats, Josh!), as well as a prize for the person guessing the most correct answers right on "Movie Trivia" which we played during the commercials.
We ate delicious pizza from Live from New York (supposedly the best pizza in Humboldt County!), and enjoyed snacks including popcorn (believe it or not, the first batch I've ever made in my life! I'm not a big popcorn eater), delicious crab dip from Maddie, fruit punch, and Elise's famous Corona-margaritas.
I'm thankful that this year's presentation did not drag on too long... the speeches were overall short and sweet. I was bummed for Viola Davis, who unfortunately was eked out by Meryl Streep for best actress, and surprised by the sweep of Hugo, a film which we have yet to see, but was happy for most of the winners (including from The Artist, which I thought was a great film)! We have a few movies to add to our Netflix queue now (if I can stop obsessively watching the Dog Whisperer, that is).
2 comments:
Sounds FUN! What a great idea to have people dress up as characters from the movies. :)
How fun!
Post a Comment