Kelvin and I have been hearing about "Pickleball" for a few years now. I think our local Activity center has pickleball lessons and a court, but we'd never tried it out, despite being pretty good with most racquet sports.
Kelvin's friend Josh invited him to play (outdoor) pickleball a couple of weeks ago, and Kelvin was hooked (even prompting him to purchase his own paddles!).
Kelvin and I have both been tennis players and Kelvin still occasionally plays tennis with Sean when the weather is good, but I've pretty much fallen off the tennis-playing wagon as an adult (even though I'm still obsessed with watching the major tournaments). I don't actually know the precise rules of pickleball, including regulations around bounces, the zone of "the kitchen," etc. but I feel like I could learn quickly. Kelvin introduced Iver (racquet-sport- naive) to the paddles about a week ago, and now he wants to play every night in the garage! We have a net which can be used for badminton, but, when lowered, also makes for a good pickleball court! With more rain upon us, it's a great indoor activity for the winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment