We had some crazy "Indian Summer" weather last week, with temps in the mid-eighties, which is nearly unheard of on the NorCal coast (especially in October!).
Thankfully, it's cooled back down to our 60-degree normal, and feels like "fall," my favorite season.
The kids have stayed busy with cross-country racing. Iver and Niall have both improved in their times and positions, I think finishing in second place per their grade in last week's race at College of the Redwoods (Niall completed one mile in 9:37 and Iver completed the 1.5 miles in 10:11).
This Saturday, we attended another of Iver's soccer games, in which Iver scored five (!) goals, and his team went on to win again (they're undefeated).
In the afternoon, we visited Huddie's Harvest, a local pumpkin patch.
The corn maze was TOUGH! Iver and I were a "team" and kept going around in circles. I told the kids about visiting the World's Largest Corn Maze in Dixon, CA in 2007 (40 acres of maze!).
After about forty minutes, Kelvin and Niall led us to the exit with their voices (we had to cut through some stalks, not the real path!).
There was a scarecrow exhibition (made by local schools).
This morning, Iver baked two pumpkin pies to share with his class in school (I don't even like pumpkin pie but he's very much into baking these days). I watched/supervised while sipping tea flavored with pumpkin spice in this sweater-weather.
Happy Fall!


























No comments:
Post a Comment