Sunday, June 19, 2022

Celebrating Our Fathers (& more)

 

Papa is home!   He was gone for a week in Puerto Rico (that was his real Father's day gift!) and the kids were so happy to wake up with him home on Father's Day after his long ~24 hours of travel back! 


Kelvin, who was attending a long-postponed (due to COVID) Best Practices meeting (in between drinking piña coladas on the beach and ziplining) shared these snaps with us (after the fact so as to not make us too jealous).




















I was thinking of taking the men & boys to an afternoon Humboldt Crabs (baseball) game but Kelvin wasn't sure (after a planned midnight arrival) how tired or jet-lagged he'd be (and ended up really needing his afternoon nap). It was special to have my Father-in-Law here this year, as well, although he's a no-fanfare kind of man (and, in fact, started his Father's Day off by "rummaging" in the toilet; you'll know what I mean from my previous post. Is there anything that could be topped by this heroic act?! Ông nội is truly the best).





We had a quiet family day. Kelvin and his parents went to Mass with the kids and then to the Marsh (which is obviously, per Niall, his favorite place!).






In the late afternoon, we took a family walk/rollerskate in the neighborhood (Niall then wanted to sleep all night while wearing the plastic pads).




I love this shot!

I was able to talk to my own dad on Saturday, which was also my parents' 46th wedding anniversary! 

I loved this visual which a friend from residency shared on Facebook of all the things we do in June.



 We are truly thankful for the health and love of all of our family on this Father's Day and for much to celebrate this month! 

No comments: