Saturday, March 26, 2022

Bloomin' & Strollin'

It's definitely feeling like spring in these parts. We've had some (welcomed) rainy days but lots of sunshine, too, with lots of spring blossoms popping up all around town.

Arcata Marsh

It's also the time to spot Trilliums and this Saturday, we headed to the Lynn Vietor Nature Trail near the Humboldt Area Foundation to walk the trail which was full of the beautiful little tri-leafed flowers. I learned about this trail from my Trillium-loving friend Karen and we explored it for the first time almost exactly one year ago. 

Our friends Sarah and Tito and their kids joined us for the walk.

Familiar log!



Soooo many trilliums dotted the forest floor!





It's always special to spot a purple one!



Clovers apparently don't taste that great

Questionable family photo cooperation...



(which one of these is not like the others?!)




We ended the morning with playtime at Sarah and Tito's fun backyard.

Feeding the fish!

They have beautiful blooms at their house, too!

Tulips


Daffodil (I think! I recognize I'm pretty flower-challenged in general!)


Neighborhood blooms





We're looking forward to more springtime walks... being sure to have our allergy meds on board.

No comments: