Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Fill-in-laws


 

I had a wonderful multi-day getaway (Thursday-Tuesday) to fly to Wisconsin and attend the breech conference and also visit my cousins. Kelvin was hugely supportive of my going on my first solo trip since having kids (he's been to a few conferences here and there). In addition, my parents-in-law and sister-in-law Katherine came up to our neck of the woods to help with and bond with our children, which made my absence feel (to me) nearly guilt-free, as I knew that the boys were in loving, capable hands (and would be very well fed!). When I told Iver that auntie Kat would be arriving Wednesday evening after they went to bed, and I'd be leaving early Thursday morning (before he woke up), he said, "Oh, so she's pretty much replacing you?!"

While I was conference-attending, freezing (in 18-degree weather and driving in snow!) and enjoying some strange solo hotel time (I got to exercise at the fitness center several days, read two books, and even see the Downton Abbey movie in theater all by myself!), the kids were enjoying park and grandparent/aunt time and I got many picture updates (I did get to Facetime a few times in addition).


Redwood Park fun





 

Reading time!

 



Bouncy/play time (the first set of photos is actually from a neighbor's party just before my departure)










Being loved on!



Matching
 

With Papa




Getting ready to attend a provider mixer party -- these boys were so handsome!








Bedtime!



Bedtime snuggles



I'm so blessed to have such loving and caring in-laws to help out with our children--even though they live on the opposite end of the state, they really are our village. While Kat had to return home after a long weekend, my parents-in-law will be sticking around to help for the rest of this week, including my call weekend, as Kelvin is now off to a conference in Tennessee. I truly have the best fill-in-laws ever!

No comments: