Happy Mother's Day! We tend to not go overboard with celebrating this "holiday," and I certainly don't think you need to be a mother to be a valuable human to society. In fact, I donated a bunch of money for Mother's Day to Planned Parenthood in honor of my own mom and for many other women, because no woman should ever be forced to do this most difficult of jobs.
Kelvin asked me what I wanted to do/have for Mother's Day, and I (like I do for every holiday!) suggested "some quiet time this weekend. And maybe you could set up for me that scanner you got me (for Christmas)." So he did!
I was able to spend some time yesterday scanning some of the cute school art that the kids make and come home with. I've had some nice time to do some reading and tennis- and basket-ball watching (go Warriors!).
Iver gave me a little flower clip and a sheet (above) describing me (which I scanned in). While shrimp is not really my favorite food (but it was one of the last things we ate last week), the drawing is pretty good for a four-year-old, he got my age spot-on, and I cracked up at the "I love my mom because...." Let us all be excellent moms in our abilities to "match" (the clothing of) our children!

No comments:
Post a Comment