Sunday, December 9, 2012

Ornament Exchange


Alyssa invited a few of us to an "Ornament Exchange" party on Friday night, hosted by a member of our church. Although I was on call, I was so glad I went (and I didn't get interrupted!). Although I didn't know many of the *older* ladies there, I really enjoyed the few hours spent enjoying delicious food, fellowship, and the game of ornament-opening (and stealing).

Heather and me (check our our super-cool nametags!)


There were about 37 women there. Everyone brought a wrapped ornament to the party. We drew numbers from a hat and, based on our number, we opened ornaments from the "pile."

 
You could either "steal" an ornament from someone who'd opened one before you, or choose a new, packaged one from the center. There were some really cute ornaments-- pink pigs, sparkly reindeer, decorative frogs, angels, glowing snowmen (and more), and there were certainly some which were in very high demand (stolen the max # times of three, before they were then deemed "frozen."). The strategizing and stealing was quite amusing! I actually came away with a very cute silver reindeer which is now on our tree. 

Although I am bummed I don't have a picture here of Alyssa (who gets credit for all of these photos, by the way!), I'm so glad she suggested we go to this very fun party. I will definitely try to make it next year, too!

No comments: