Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giving thanks

Thanksgiving Day is not until tomorrow but we all have much to be thankful for every day. I know friends struggling with various things right now, but, through all, I think we all have to remember that we all are already blessed.

I am thankful for finally figuring out what I want to do with my career choice (well, it's arguable whether I *really* know :). I am thankful for my health and for that of my family members, particularly my Grandma, who has had some significant health problems but who is still going strong today. I am thankful for wonderful friends and family. And that I get to celebrate my first Thanksgiving surrounded by them-- with my parents and sister flying in from Virginia to northern Minnesota to join my Grandmother and me and my other relatives at Thanksgiving at the lake house of my great aunt and uncle, Marilyn and Duane. This may be the last Thanksgiving I am guaranteed OFF with residency starting next year, and I am thankful for the holiday! I am thankful for the opportunity to interview at a number of good family med programs come December, with the anticipation and hope that one of them will be a good fit for me. And I am thankful for the opportunity to connect with old friends along the way.

Let us be reminded...

Ps 126: 3. The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.

Ps 136: 1. O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good; for his mercy endureth forever.

Col. 3:15. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Ps 118: 24. This is the day which the Lord hath made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

I also wanted to wish my friend Jordan a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! She is one day younger than I am, but is one of the most talented, accomplished, and stellar people (or perhaps THE MOST talented person!) I know!

Happy thanksgiving to all.

No comments: