Monday, December 4, 2023

Christmas Simplicity

I have a tendency to get overwhelmed at the holidays ("Festive Stress"), which I've blogged about several times before. I read a lovely little book last year (Calm Christmas) and have been following Kendra Adachi (The Lazy Genius) to make our holidays more manageable.

Thankfully, I'm doing a better job this year!  I front-loaded some of my most stressful tasks (being on call, gift buying/wrapping) so that the rest of the month is more relaxing, making time for fun activities (holiday lights [my favorite], parties but not too many, and even an adults-only weekend trip next weekend). Kelvin has taken on most of the communication and party planning for Iver's 9th (and minimal "cooking" is required), which is a huge burden lifted. We are home for Christmas (and I'm not on call) this year, which is huge for my sanity-- I really prefer celebrating Christmas at our own place.

I hope to attend some quiet Christmas service(s) and celebrate the reason for the season, keeping it a simple and joyous holiday. 







No comments: