This felt like a loong weekend (and not in a great way). While I am appreciative of the many men and women who have served and died for this country (and remember of all the schoolchildren memorialized this year in the name of our "right to bear arms") giving us this holiday, I could have done without this three-day weekend.
Between an energetic three-year-old who has decided that he's over naps, and a previously awesome sleeper now in the throes of the (almost) four-month sleep regression who has recently been waking about hourly after 2 a.m., I definitely didn't consider this a relaxing weekend.
The weather was glorious but somehow between trying to get the infant some good daytime naps due to poor night sleep, my horrendous springtime allergies, and a couple of household projects and packing, I hardly got out. I didn't feel like I had any down time, but somehow I didn't get much done inside, either. There was a lot of picture-drawing and practicing writing/spelling (Iver's latest passion!), but also a lot of negotiating, nagging, tears...
Kelvin and Iver did make it to the Kinetic Sculpture Race plaza kickoff on Saturday morning.
Merry Mollusk in honor of Herrmann Spetzler
Kelvin and Macario dug us a backyard hold for this solar composting Green Cone (Iver initiated it with the first apple core).
Church at St. Mary's
we spent a windy hour of an afternoon at Clam Beach
picture of the very cute sleep regresser
I usually don't work on Tuesdays, but agreed to work and take call at the prenatal clinic tomorrow, and I genuinely feel relieved at the chance at getting out of a houseful (does two count as a houseful?!) of kiddos. Am I the only one?






No comments:
Post a Comment