On a quick trip through a McDonald's breakfast lane on the East Coast last week (because we had coupons), Kelvin and I decided to try some Egg White Delight McMuffins. This turned out to be quite problematic because of the apparent complexity of our order. It went something like this...
K (to the drive-through order box thingie): I'd like to order two Egg White McMufffins.
May I have one without cheese, and one with cheese, please?
McD lady: Got it. Can you please check the screen?
[which read: Egg White Delight McMuffin, NO EGG, Egg White Delight McMuffin]
K (who doesn't like added cheese on things, or cheese in general, for that matter): The screen says NO EGG. I want Egg. I just don't want cheese.
Me (under my breath, and generally trusting of others): Don't worry, honey. I think they'll get it right. I'm sure you're not the first person to order an Egg McMuffin without cheese.
K (mistrustful of most others): No, I don't think they'll get it right. That screen says NO EGG.
(To the drive-through box/lady): You're sure you got it, right? One McMuffin without cheese. One with cheese.
McD lady: I got it. Please proceed to the window for payment.
After getting our goods, I opened up the bag. As much as I hate to admit that my faith in drive-through lady was not warranted, guess who was right...
I unwrapped one "Eggwhite Delight McMuffin" to check its contents. It did have cheese and ham, but lacked the egg white.
I thought they may have just forgotten the egg white on the one sandwich, but perhaps got the second sandwich right (including egg whites but without cheese).
Nope.
"I can taste and see the cheese. See!" said Kelvin.
Boo.
I guess that an Egg White Delight McMuffin, holding the egg white, is as common an order as cheese-less one.

No comments:
Post a Comment