Back in the day, I was much more of an avid basketball watcher (and player) than I am now. Alas, residency has gotten in the way of much of my former sports interest (and partipication in pep bands and musical groups of the like); however, I just wanted to put out there how proud I am of the basketball team of my alma mater, the University of Richmond, a liberal arts college of ~3000 students.
I used to love to go to the UR basketball games, and remember the excitement after, one year in the NCAA tournament, the underdog Spiders (yes, the only arachnid mascot) upset a #2 seed, Syracuse. Yesterday, the team (#12 in their bracket) upset #5 Vanderbilt with an exciting final score of 69-66, to move onto third round tomorrow, where they face Morehouse State (who also had a big upset, beating Louisville 62-61).
Due to my inability to get any channels of TV at my apartment (for unclear reasons), it is unlikely I'll get to watch very much or any of the game (which may not even be broadcast-worthy); however, I will be cheering inside and will be looking for the final score.
Go, Spiders!

No comments:
Post a Comment