Tuesday, May 26, 2026

Rest, Required

We were so blessed to have this past three-(four for the kids!) day weekend (thank you to all who have and are serving for our country).  After my bout of pneumonia, I apparently have had a weaker immune system and ended up with a GI bug starting Thursday night, which took me down for a couple of days!  I was sooo grateful not to have to work on Friday afternoon and Saturday!


Iver had poetry night with his class last week, hosted by Redwood Yogurt.

He also played a million of hours of pickleball this weekend (we also watched some MLP, Major League Pickleball) on TV. 

On Saturday afternoon, we celebrated the 70th birthday of Marguerite, the partner of Bill, the medical director at MCHC when I started here in 2011. They were both so good to us as newbie doctors, and it was great to see so many community members out and about (the food served at Mad River Grange appeared so delicious, and Marguerite, a wonderful baker, made one of her own cakes [lemon blueberry]; however, I had no appetite which was just so sad). 




Memorial Day Weekend in these parts always hosts the Kinetic Sculpture Race, which leaves from the Arcata Plaza. Kelvin and Niall snapped these photos:



We had borrowed a CA State Parks pass and went back to Sue-Meg to go on a couple of trails and back to Agate Beach. It's been cool in these parts (50s most days), but thankfully the warmer sun seems to be coming back.



It rained on Monday and, finally recovered and a lot of electrolytes later, I did a lot of de-cluttering and reading at home while Niall played with neighbor Mateo, and K/Iver were out pickeballing with the competitive men. I felt so rested today. Can't every weekend be a three-day weekend?!

No comments: