The kids' school is a Spanish immersion charter school. Every year, they celebrate Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead), which is on November 2nd. This year, because the day was on a weekend, the celebration was held on Halloween, also an extremely fun holiday for kids.
Our kitchen (and possibly our hand mixer) was destroyed on Thursday night by making pan de muerto, or "dead bread," for Iver's entire class. This involved about 30 cups of flour, 20 eggs, sugar, yeast, and more! Even Niall helped making the colored sugar and "punching" the dough.
Iver decided to be "ZCMC" (Zombie Christian McCaffrey") for Halloween. We did light makeup in the morning, as, for school, costumes aren't supposed to be "too scary."
My medical assistant, Anaiyah, encouraged me to dress up with her as a "Mad scientist," and Kelvin loaned me his old white coat (since I couldn't find mine) and I used Niall's kiddie chemistry goggles. I tend to resist the energy that is required to pull off a Halloween costume, but this was not a heavy lift so I (the Halloween Grinch) begrudgingly participated.
Clinic Spirit!
Although I was stuck in clinic, Kelvin attended the kids' Halloween parade at school. Niall was Steph Curry.
Calavera for the Day of the Dead celebration that followed the parade.
Baile folklorico dancers
Iver re-did his make up for trick-or-treating. I joined him in a CMC jersey.
Zombie scariness
We trick-or-treated in a neighborhood by Pacific Union school with friends (Riely, Larsons, and more). The neighborhood decorations were great! There was also a haunted house created by Kelvin's patient.
The kids got quite a stash of treats and had a great day!


























No comments:
Post a Comment