Friday, August 1, 2025

That kind of week

 How's your week going?


Half my key fell off in out front door lock as I entered the house last week. Luckily, we have other ways to get in/out (through the garage), but our handyman came quickly and, with some tiny tools, was able to get the stem out and we are good to go without needing the bolt changed!

Then we had a major west-coast tsunami warning on Tuesday, which blew up people's phones (and anxiety). Apparently my phone doesn't care about me (or I shut off all notifications and natural disasters don't show up as alerts for me)-- I didn't get notice of the wildfire we evacuated in Jasper last summer, any of our earthquakes, and certainly not this tsunami warning. Fortunately, we don't live right near the beach, and while I heard there was some damage to one of the docks in Crescent City, about 80 miles north of us (which also felt the brunt of the major 2011 earthquake in Japan), our lives carried on as usual. However, there were lots of people with their water(s) broken showing up on the labor unit on my call day, Wednesday!

It was a tiring week but I did get some rest last night and today!

No comments: