Kelvin's parents (Bà nội and Ông nội) were here for the past 10 days. Having them (on usually about semi-annual visits) is seamless in our house-- they have their "room"(guest room) with clothes and shoes that they leave here, and they know where everything is and get around McKinleyville/Arcata/Eureka easily! My mother-in-law, Thao, is a wonderful cook and I'm always off the hook for meal preparation (/kid complaining about meals) while they're there, and Kelvin's dad stays busy working on house/maintenance tasks (I don't know how he has the energy, honestly! But the apple obviously doesn't fall far from the tree).
They enjoyed taking the kids to school (so the kids didn't have to go to before-care every day due to our work start times) and church.
Niall taught "Bà Bà " how to play chess!
Kelvin and I snuck away to Havana, a new Cuban restaurant in Arcata, for a date night!
Spring blooms!
They also were able to attend the kids' track meet on Tuesday-- pics to follow!









No comments:
Post a Comment