Iver has recently gotten into (watching and playing) football, so we've had it on a lot in our house, along with talk of players and stats.
I thought it might be a good year for the Bills but, alas, Josh Allen couldn't get it done against Patrick Mahomes, who is just too dominant (with some help from the refs) !
We were excited to see the Washington Redskins make the NFC Championship game led by exciting rookie, Jayden Daniels.
In the Big Game, I was rooting for the Eagles, even though I have no Philadelphia ties. I don't like dynasties and a three-peat for the Chiefs (who beat our Niners last year) sounded too much like a monopoly (even though I don't actually mind Patrick Mahomes, who has the potential to be one of the greats)!
We went to our friends' (Jen and Miles') house to watch the game, enjoy food, and enjoy NOT hosting like we did last year. The kids (so.many.boys!) played some outdoor football in the cold-but-sunny weather, and I mainly got to enjoy the game in piece in the warm indoors (some people watched from the TV on the outdoor deck- BRR!) while chatting with friends. I was actually shocked that the Eagles held the Chiefs scoreless through most of the game, and that they pulled off the win.
I honestly cannot recall a past Super Bowl game where the team I was rooting for won the game! I was excited to see the Eagles take home the trophy on Sunday!

No comments:
Post a Comment