Friday, October 11, 2024

Aurora (? barely ?)

Seeing the Aurora Borealis is a bucket-list item for me! I haven't planned any winter trips to northern climes, but was really bummed when friends saw them here in Humboldt back in May of this year when we were en route back from Bhutan

Solar/astrological phenomena like eclipses and Northern Lights aren't on my radar, but a local friend, Kendra, posted some photos of the purply sky from her deck last night so, around 8:30 p.m. I ventured outside. I could not see anything notable with the naked eye, but (as the experts suggested), I changed the settings on my phone to night and snapped a few photos of the sky outside, which turned out pretty well, despite the lights by my backyard and neighboring houses (I'm not someone who wants to venture outside my cozy robe and slippers after the sun sets).











I still might plan a trip to Finland, Norway, Alaska, or other at some point to see the lights, but enjoyed this snippet of barely-there colors of the October night sky last eve! 


No comments: