Sunday, December 4, 2022

Holiday Magic (mostly at home)

So that (ever I the introvert) don't get overwhelmed, I have to be really conscious during the December/holiday season to be mindful of which and how many activities we participate in. 


(this is what I feel like a lot of the time).

We've had a nice weekend (mostly) at home, thanks in part to some winter rain which averted some plans to see the Ferndale lighting of the nation's tallest living Christmas tree.

The (new, replacement artificial) tree is up, after the old tree's base kicked the bucket this year. The kids helped decorate it, along with well a smaller mini version in their bedroom.


Niall was keen on making salt dough shapes after getting the idea from a Little Passports kit. 


He then wanted to make gingerbread cookies, which turned out rather expansive but which still tasted good!



We did make it to the Arcata library on Saturday, where Dale Lorzo put on a sweet and fun magic show for the kids (who now have a renewed interest in doing home magic tricks).



Niall dressed up as "Spidey Santa" and had us sit on his lap!




I got some holiday shopping done and some Christmas cards prepped.  The month is still young, but with fewer "things" on the agenda (and the list!) the magic can be more! 

No comments: