Friday, September 3, 2021

"Starfish" (what little ears hear)



These little kids remember everything.  


Last weekend, the kids went to Luffenholtz beach in Trinidad with Kelvin and found a lot of these echinoderms (unfortunately, I'm not sure that they were all still alive).



When they showed me the pictures (from K's phone), I said "Oh! Starfish!" (even though we've read enough books about marine life and other creatures in this house that I know that the correct term is actually "Sea Stars" as they are not fish).


Niall did not hesitate to correct me ("They're NOT starfish, mama! They're sea stars!)



Kelvin then told the boys (who at these ages three and six of course love all things potty-related/potty humor) that, while watching a show, he learned that "starfish" is a slang word for "butthole" (you can look it up if you want but apparently it [and more specifically the term "chocolate starfish" due to the coloring around the anus] is quite true.


Can you guess what the kids' favorite phrase now is?


"Look at my 'starfish'! BAHAHAHAHA!" 

 Sigh. Be careful what you tell small boys.



I should reply, "IT'S CALLED A SEA STAR!! AND NO, THANK YOU!!"

No comments: