Someone once told me or posted something saying that the second part of your (parenting) life starts when your child is able to get up without you, pour a bowl of cereal with milk, and entertain him- or herself until a reasonable hour. While this hasn't happened for us yet (our fridge shelves are too high), 12/12/18 is the date of the morning when Kelvin and I woke up at 6:05 (in the guest room), realizing that neither one of our children had been up or gotten up out of bed or needed us for about 11 hours, after going to bed between 7-8 p.m. the preceding night!
It was a first. While Iver often "sleeps through" the night, his early morning wakings (generally between 4:45 and 5:45) don't usually leave us feeling very rested when Niall was also night-waking (but now, as of last weekend, Niall is not!). Last night, both children slept through.
IT. FELT. A-MAZ-ING!! While Wednesday is my hardest *work* day, today felt like such a different day. I felt rested. Healthy. Energized. Positive. Happy. Like the sun came out and this parenting thing was manageable. It has been a very long and hard ~four years. I am optimistic (but cautiously so) that this will continue as a trend, but for now, I wanted to document this first (silent) night.
A pre-Christmas Miracle indeed!
Joy to the World!
HALLELUJAH!!
via GIPHY
No comments:
Post a Comment