Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Messy but beautiful

Image result for life is messy and beautiful

It's been a busy, hard, exhilarating, and exhausting few months.

We have a lot of poop explosions in this house, so we've started putting Niall on the potty in the morning, which saves on diaper and clothing laundry.


"Ba ba," who has been living with us since May but who is headed home, leaving us as a family of four, took these great pictures of us at bedtime tonight. My hair is a mess and Iver looks a bit strange in his much-loved oversized tie-dye tee as a sleep gown, but we are all smiling. Life/work/kids have been really challenging lately, and I'm not sure how we're going to stay fed and sane without my MIL with us, but I suppose it will work out somehow (although probably very messily).






We owe this woman so much for keeping things together these last four months and helping our boys thrive while we try to stay afloat in our emotionally demanding and time-consuming jobs. 



Brothers at the Judo Hut

Doesn't this melt your heart? This makes me feel I did something right.


Here is a funny random snapshot of "sunbathing" (animal surveying) on our deck this week


I am thankful for supportive family and spouse, two healthy kids, and a much-needed break. Life is messy but yes, oh so beautiful.

No comments: