This was then:
Pepper was our first child. We adopted her in 2011 when she was about 16 months old, and we had several years with her as our fur (and only) child before we welcomed Iver into the world.
While my parenthood experience is getting somewhat better (I hit a really low point a few weeks ago and while I have bad days and bad parts of days, at least I'm better rested), I do really miss those weekend days that were spent relaxing on the couch with only a doggie at my feet and a book in my hand, without a toddler trying to launch himself off of or destroy everything in sight.
Pep, our first child, is allowed to co-sleep, as she's always been a good sleeper.
She is a sweet soul who is a good protector of our newer little one and who has not shown jealousy in the slightest even with her relative "demotion" in the family hierarchy.
When I hear about friends losing their pets, I can't fathom the grief. She is an amazing part of this family, and has taught me so much about love (even though she gets to be in rare pictures these days).Here we are now-- with a 19-month-old human child, and a SIX-year-old furbaby. Here's to many more birthdays, sweet Pepper!



No comments:
Post a Comment