... and why I probably shouldn't quit my day job (as much as I have complained about it recently).
It is (still) March. We love watching sports; we love college basketball. It has been wonderful to be off call on recent weekends and free to watch lots of the games of the NCAA tournament. However, I must say that I'm pretty abysmal at picking tournament winners. Mostly I pick early round winners based on personal/location ties (with the Spiders not in the tourney, I picked VCU [out already] to go to all of the championship game) or something other than solid research, although I feel that it is step up from choosing based on uniforms' attractiveness. I have rooted for Butler [out already] when they lost in both championship games in 2010 and 2011. I definitely like the underdogs and generally root against any team from around Durham, NC.
Florida Gulf Coast University is my new favorite team, who won me over when one of its guards in-bounded a ball off a Georgetown player's rear, when he was facing the other way, for an easy lay-up. Best highlight I've seen (even better than their alley-oop dunks!).
Thank you to Apurva, who again this year made a "POD" ESPN bracket (for fame, not money, thankfully!). Check out the screen shots below-- the first is the "un-Elite Eight." Although my chosen tournament winner is still in the tournament, I am only ahead of 5 people in the 27-person pool... a pool which includes my dear husband, who most often beats me in anything we try (not that either of us is competitive or anything :)).
Here is what it looks like at the top:
Seriously?? 89.8% in this year of upsets?! We'll just see who stays up there after this weekend! We are excited for Sweet Sixteen tomorrow!


2 comments:
You're rooting against Duke? :(
Too dominant!! Ps I'm reading a book called "Blue Bloods" about the Duke-UNC rivalry... You should check it out!
Post a Comment