Thursday, November 29, 2012

to love/lose a dog

In case you need a tearjerker, here are two sad stories from this week...

1.  Sea rescue
Last weekend, three family members died trying to save their dog (who actually did survive) from the Pacific waves, about 20 miles north of us near Big Lagoon, where we went kayaking last year.
You can read about it on national news here and here.
I imagine I would try to save Pep from water, too.  Would you go after your dog?
I am thinking about the young girl who lost her whole immediate family. Keep them in your thoughts.

2. Loving and Losing a Dog
Reading this CNN article has to make anyone realize how valuable is the love of a family pet, especially when one doesn't have children. I already feel sad thinking about the day when we will lose Pep.

I don't think anyone can prepare you from losing a family member you love-- and family members definitely include dogs (read: Marley and Me, Art of Racing in the Rain.) Sniff, sniff.


No comments: