
We had decent weather last weekend and, inbetween my obsessive Australian Open-watching (did you SEE that Nadal-Djokovic epic final?! It was definitely redeeming after my disappointment with the turnout on the women's side), we decided to do some more Trinidad hiking.
We had heard some things here and there about Strawberry Rock in that it was a good hike with a nice viewpoint, popular with the HSU students, and not far outside Trinidad. However, nowhere on the internet (not even with google!), nor through friends or coworkers could we actually pin down directions to the exact trailhead. We think we got close with a map from Robin, but still don't think it was quite it. We trudged through a few brambles in a pseudo-path which may have been the start of the trail before deciding against proceeding through an unmarked area of woods. Strawberry Rock feels like a legend... maybe someday we will find it.
Since we were determined to get a hike in, we decided to try an alternative trail in Trinidad State Beach called College Cove. The coastline was really breathtaking!



Pepper, fresh from her hysterectomy, got to ride in her little sling most of the way.




We admired these surfers!

We lucked out with our coastal alternative but, if any of you reading this know how to get to Strawberry Rock, please pass on the info!
1 comment:
Hi Tara--this looks lovely! maybe one of these college years Jacky & I could come out on a break & do some hiking with you! sounds like you are doing well! was thinking of you....we got a new yogurt place in Fargo called Tutti Frutti, & they have the tart yogurt you had @ your wedding along with mochi & gobo (did I say those right?) I think of you everytime I have it! miss you
I may get to see your mom & dad on a trip to DC in March
Post a Comment