Monday, December 12, 2011

Pre-Christmas Reunion in Oakland


(can you spot us in this photo-from-above, taken by Wai Kiu?)

We made another trip to Oakland this past weekend to stay with Wai Kiu, Hanh, and Mason and enjoy a post-residency reunion of sorts! The Lees hosted a White-Elephant-type Christmas party (a bit of a residency tradition), with lots of delicious food and a good amount of gift-stealing (but less than in previous years' parties!). We got to reconnect with lots of our old residency friends, some of whom work in the SF Bay Area, and others who made the trip from Sacramento. Wai Kiu definitely gets credit for a few of these pictures-- the lighting didn't work so well with my lens. We loved his 11-foot (real) Christmas tree!

The array of gifts to start the exchange


Tony holds up Operation!


Katherine tries to hold on to the "Tea Posy"....


... which Serena then snatched up


... so Katherine "went fish."


Steve ended up with a Christmas cookie sheet...


Joe + Abigail


Mason was perfectly happy to play with Serena's Ipad for the night...


... while Abigail pushed around "Lightning McQueen"




Vin tried all night to get rid of his Emergency Kit...


... but I think he went home with it.
I came away with a battery-powered cow-print foot-massager which, I admit, I actually stole from Steve; however, I have not tested it out yet!

On Sunday, we stopped by the Montclair Village Farmers' Market (which goes year-round!) and found these odd-looking "Budda's Hands" (part of the lemon family).



Mason had the opportunity to get on the Fire Truck, but was not really digging it (particularly the hat)...


And, all you parents out there, do not be alarmed by this photo:


We are definitely MDs who believe in carseats and all that good stuff. Kelvin was just moving our car out of the driveway, and Mason enjoyed beeping the horn :)

It was a fun weekend!

2 comments: