Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year (Goodbye, 2010)!

Happy New Year! I am a day late, but it took me about that long to load these pics on my mac ;)
2010 was a busy and fun year; I can't wait for the surprises in 2011!

January
Jeremy, Noelle, and I celebrated MLK weekend 2010 skiing at Northstar in Tahoe.


February
Kelvin and I went on a Medical Missions trip to the Philippines.


We then saw the wondrous temples of Angkor Wat in Cambodia....

... and made our way to his birthplace (Saigon, Vietnam)



March
In March, we celebrated Amy's wedding... Indian style!
(Phi, Amy, me, Kyla, Kate, Ben)


April
I was able to travel to the midwest to see family and many medical school friends I have missed dearly while living in CA.

Rochester, MN
(Baby shower for Lesley, pictured between Rach and Kristen)

Crookston, MN (Grandma)

Wisconsin cousins (Brayden, Ryan, me, and Natalie)


Natasha/Cristiano in Cleveland

Vancouver, B.C. and the Society of Teachers in Family Medicine (STFM) conference
(Ashby, Jeremy, Kyla, and me)

May
May highlights included:

Celebrating Kacey and Rafa's first birthdays

Visiting SoCal over Memorial Day weekend for:

Debbie's wedding


... hot air balloon-riding over Santa Barbara

Hearst Castle in San Simeon



June
In June, we celebrated Kyla's graduation from the FP/OB program.
It is hard to believe that my own graduation(s) from residency will be in a short 6 months

(Joe, Suzanne, me, Kyla, Sarah, Jessica)


OB graduation (current chiefs!)
Priyal Gaea, Charmian, me, Julia, Lucy

July
Adventures included...

Independence weekend with the future in-laws...

Wine tasting and camping at Clear Lake

Biking across the Golden Gate Bridge for Kimie's bday


In August, we
Hiked in Tahoe

I saw grizzlies and moose up close in Denali National Park, Alaska!

(Me, Hanh, Mason on the bus to Eielson Visitors' Center)



September included...
Summiting Mt. Whitney
(Brian, Erin, TJ, me)

Engagement!

(with dinner at The Kitchen)

October-November consisted of
...a harrowing trip to India


followed by...
Thanksgiving weekend with the future in-laws


December included:
visiting old friends/family in VA/MD

(Kelvin, me, Laura, Tony)

sisterly love

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Best wishes for a prosperous, fun-filled 2011!

3 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

Happy New Year! 2011 is sure to bring MANY special memories!!

David and Lesley said...

I love the past picture of "sisterly love". :) Happy New Year! :0)

David and Lesley said...

I meant "last" picture. :)