
I've spent the past four weeks on labor and delivery as OB Chief! It was definitely challenging and very busy at times, with code c-sections, ruptured ectopics, overflowing triage, an 11-lb continuity delivery, and several very pretermers, but it also was very entertaining. From amusing floor consults (one for vaginal bleeding which was quite certainly "menses") to caring for some very interesting antepartum characters, I felt like I bonded with my team-members and hope that I wasn't a mean chief, which was my greatest fear :)
I am thankful to be done, though, at least for this block. I am back on OB in December, but get to now head overseas to India to do some medical work in Hyderabad and then have some much-needed vacation which, due to recent time constraints and severe sleep deprivation, is at this point very loosely planned. It will be another adventure :)

1 comment:
I'm sure you always have great stories to tell, Tara! Have a great time in India!!
Post a Comment