
(Kimie, Lynn, Vin, Wendy, Kelvin, me, and Jessica)
This past weekend (well Friday night and Saturday) was spent mostly in San Francisco.
On Friday night, K and I drove to send off his friend, Apurva, who is headed to NC for business school and had a nice dinner in the city.
On Saturday, a group of us went back to celebrate Kimie's birthday with a rather exciting bike ride! Our day started with a yummy French brunch before we tackled biking across (and back) the Golden Gate Bridge which was about 12 miles. Thank you, Wendy and Vin, for taking great photos most of which I stole for this blog :)
Geared up and ready to go!


Starting out: we decided to rent a Tandem bike, which I had never tried riding before!

In action! It was actually quite difficult to steer the thing, as well as change gears on the SF hills, but, despite nearly getting smacked by a turning Chevy SUV, we did okay! Thank goodness for the security of the helmets.
Resting (we took many rest stops, a la Asian-tourist style) on our way to/across the bridge.
Action shot! (this is about the third take of this pose...)

Peering over the edge
me looking ahead (K took this as we were riding!)
We made it back easily (and surprisingly-- we thought the hills would kill us!), and Naoya joined us for a yummy sushi dinner in Oakland.
We then got to watch the sunset and relax in Michelle's lovely hot tub.
It was a great day! I'm not sure I have to do that ride again (we were quite sore), but I very much recommend it as a way to see part of San Francisco.








1 comment:
Love the tandem bike! Looks like a perfect day. Yay California. :)
Post a Comment