Kelvin, however, enjoys shows and is disappointed at not being able to watch them (real time) at my apartment. Apparently I don't get any kind of reception to even get basic channels on my small 16-inch TV, the one and only TV I had, which works perfectly well for watching DVDs and things. We recently re-initiated Netflix and thus have been watching a good number of movies.
Original TV (#1)
Kelvin tried using his antenna and converter box from his house over at mine, without luck.
So when Phi moved last weekend and was trying to get rid of stuff, I accepted a large (?27 inch) TV in K's hopes that it might get better reception in my place and be able to pick up basic channels.
TV #2
It didn't. So then I had two non-functioning TVs.
We have visited Target, where we have picked up a new antenna and converter to try to pick up signal here.
No luck. With either of the TVs above.
So the next step, this past weekend, was to scope out Best Buy to get a new flat screen HDTV with hopes that all of the above problems would be miraculously solved.
TV #3
They weren't.
So there you have it. While I've been really trying to get RID of stuff (I miraculously successfully sold a foot massager on Craigslist and am working on getting rid of a stairstepper), I now have three pretty good-sized TVs in my living room.
(Two of the three)
Two are able to be returned, which I feel will be happening in the near future.
I still don't feel that I am rich enough to justify spending money on cable each month.
I guess we're just not "meant" to watch TV at my apartment! Bring on the books (and book recommendations) :)
2 comments:
Are you going to make it to the Sviggum Shindig this August? no TV necessary!
Would love to, but I don't think I can :( Will be here, and then Alaska in August.
Post a Comment