Somehow, I am finding ways to fill up every spare moment of time.
Last weekend, I pretty much needed to recover from my last 2 weeks of OB nights, which kicked my behind. I think I slept for 13 hours straight (then up for 1, then back to sleep for 5) after my post-nights clinic Friday. Last weekend and week included the following:
- Seeing 'Milk' in the theaters. Very moving movie.
- Meeting with med students (ah, so young and optimistic!) about this home visit program (they go visit one of my patients who has a hard time getting to clinic due to mutiple challenging issues)
- Doing sports med reading (I feel very retarded in sports medicine)
- Taking my worn out Danskos (I think I wore them for 365 days straight) to the cobbler (or shoe repair place, whatever...) to get a buckle and seam fixed.
- Doing intern GYN clinic and doing elementary school physicals
- Running with Anna and Sarah (I signed up for a half- marathon on March 15th.... need to do some serious training)
- Being thwarted in running by our rainy, rainy weather which has dumped a TON of snow up at Tahoe
- Being cold (it's been 40-50 here! Brr for California!)
- Dinner w/ friends at Jack's Urban Eats and Buckhorn Grill
- Finding out ANOTHER friend is pregnant!
- Lots of FP clinic... which means lots of EMR notes to write...
- Dealing w/ lots of patient calls and medication refills
- Doing a shoulder injection in sports med clinic... and then seeing a lot of people with knee pain or hand pain who didn't get injections
- Getting library books to read on VACATION (which starts in 1 week!)
- Being sad and trying to figure out why my ipod died... been on the phone with the automated guy thingie, and then talking to a real customer service rep, who thinks my battery may have died altogether... I just hope I don't lose all my music on there!
- Grocery shopping
- Having my shower head break and having my awesome landlord replace it within 1 day
- Realizing that my vacuum doesn't work and having a new belt ordered for me by Shomir so that it works!
- Being jealous that Shomir has another continuity OB patient delivering today (I have several but they're not due until August!)
- Celebrating V'day by doing errands including going the post office with a Punch Brothers Bluegrass concert coming up tonight
- Hoping to go skiing either tomorrow or Pres' Day on Monday (I can't remember the last time I had a 3 day weekend!) if people will join me and the roads are ok
- Planning our car rentals, etc. for vacation when we fly to FLA
- Possibly contemplating driving to Salt Lake City to see Molly, and ski, before flying to FLA
- Studying for ACLS which I do on Thursday....
.... which I should probably do instead of procrastinating by blogging
2 comments:
Hi Tara!
About the books...we each took a "big" carry-on (the little suitcase thing) and Hans took a backpack and I took a shoulderbag as well. We tried to "overlap" books - bringing a few that we both hadn't read but would like to read. We each carried one in our backpack/bag and then each carry-on had at least 3. I took way less clothes...all you need on the ship is a swimsuit/coverup, workout clothes, and a pair of capri's or pants and a couple shirts for night. We also checked a couple of books out from the ship's library.
What cruise line are you going on? I'm so excited for you!!
Have a great vacation...it sounds like you deserve it! My sister's husband's best man did the editing for Milk and is up for an Oscar...I would like to see it sometime!
Post a Comment