Friday night, we went out and had yummy Ethiopian food at Queen of Sheba, a nearby restaurant. Mmm. Saturday, we had brunch at the famous Tower Cafe and then headed out for a mini-road trip to Marshall Gold Discovery Park between Placerville and Coloma where, in 1848, James W. Marshall discovered gold, an event which "led to the greatest mass movement of people in the Western Hemisphere and was the spark that ignited the spectacular growth of the West during the ensuing decades." (Marshall Gold Discovery SHP)
It was actually a special festival ("Coloma Gold Rush Live") weekend and we got to observe people in period dress among the horse-drawn carriage riding and such. Kind of touristy and cheesy, but interesting to visit :) It was also the most perfect of fall days, just crisp enough to want your sweater, but still beautifully sunny.
Here are some snaps:
with Mom and toothless Shom
Panning for gold!
Saturday night, we had a little FP/OB get together/bbq at Joe's new house (Joe is the 1st year FP/OB and now the token male resident in the OB dept!), which was a great time, although I didn't take pictures.
Sunday, after work, my parents and I hung out at Gaea's house for some yummy salmon and icecream. It was a fun weekend! They flew back to Northern VA on Monday. Next time I will see them will be in MN for Thanksgiving!
I am excited and getting a last surge of energy as I have TWO DAYS LEFT before my vacation starts. After 2 weeks of nights, which is always extremely exhausting, this week has been a fairly good one back on OB days. Yesterday, this included the adventure of delivering via C/S (glad she didn't do a trial of labor!) a 12-pound, 5 oz baby!! He basically walked himself out of the OR! Crazy stuff!
Two more days, two more days, just two more days.....
5 comments:
your caption of "toothless shom" just made me spew my coffee over my desk!! :-)
glad you had a good time with your parents and even happier that you have vacation coming up!!
I bet it was nice to have your parents in town. You will be in MN for thanksgiving?? If you are in Rochester, it would be fun to see you!
There is no "If you are in Rochester, it would be fun to see you." You better make your way through Rochester at Thanksgiving. Or let us know if you are flying out of the cities when you leave so we can drive up and see you for a couple of minutes.
He never smiles w/ his teeth! :-P Anyway, let me know if you can celebrate my going away party on November 1st. It will be at Alvin's house. Can you bring shomir?
let me know...
darina
So, MN peeps: I fly through MSP to Grand forks on Thursday Thxgiving day with a tight layover.
On Sunday 11/30, I arrive in MSP at 5:56 a.m. and leave for SAC at 9:10 AM. I know it's very enticing to want to come hang out at the airport from 6-9 a.m. on a Sunday, but if you feel like it, I will keep my schedule open :) Let me know!!! :)
Darina- Shom and I come back around 7:30 pm on 11/1. We will try to make it!
Post a Comment